Pyramid Analytics: a Visionary in the 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms
And what this means for the future of data, analytics, and decisions
I am pleased to announce that leading analyst Gartner, Inc. has placed Pyramid in its Visionary Quadrant in its just-released 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms*.
We believe, the ABI Gartner Magic Quadrant—and its companion, the ABI Critical Capabilities report—is one of the first places analytics buyers look when considering enterprise analytics software purchases. We’re thrilled to be recognized among all the vendors in this year’s report, and by the Gartner evaluation of our company.
In this ABI Magic Quadrant, Gartner plotted 20 vendors on a two-dimensional matrix that evaluates vendors based on their Completeness of Vision (the horizontal axis) and Ability to Execute (the vertical axis).
Let’s take a closer look at why (we believe) Gartner named Pyramid Analytics as a Visionary—and more importantly, why we believe that’s significant for analytics, business intelligence, and decision intelligence software buyers everywhere.
A complete, unified Decision Intelligence Platform
Pyramid went through a remarkable transformation in 2022. Building on an already-robust analytics platform and significant company momentum, we launched a fresh and differentiated new brand, rallying around a new vision for what’s next in analytics: decision intelligence.
Why decision intelligence? Data leaders face an enormous challenge accessing, analyzing, and leveraging the vast volumes and variety of data sources. Most available data (80%) is unused in decision-making, as disparate tools and processes limit analytics adoption and cause a self-defeating cycle, demanding more and more tools to plug the gap.
Many have discovered that their business intelligence platforms are incomplete and unfit for purpose—focusing on data visualization rather than providing fast, accurate answers to business questions. This leaves them stuck in the past, making slow decisions, no decisions, or worse, bad decisions.
In contrast, our decision intelligence product vision is to “transform decision-making by automating the decision-making process to empower anyone to make faster, more intelligent decisions.” We combine data analytics, data prep, and data science in one platform and integrate cutting-edge augmented and AI-assisted technologies in a governed self-service environment to optimize decision-making.
In short, our holistic, unified approach to analytics delivers one of the most complete and capable analytics platforms on the market, and it prepares organizations—and all the decision-makers within them—for “what’s next.” That’s our belief. Do you agree?
Pyramid poised for more growth and success
2022 was also a year of tremendous change and growth. From an ability-to-execute perspective, one of the biggest catalysts was our $120 million Series E funding round in early May, which set the tone for our dramatic expansion.
Key to this success was our already strong and capable team. Our company had veteran leaders, a deep roster of talented analytics professionals across multiple regions, and a mature organizational structure with efficient business processes. It was this foundation, combined with a visionary roadmap, that allowed us to make significant strategic advances in all areas of our business.
Here’s a short list of our accomplishments:
- We continually innovated our product roadmap to best serve the business analytics needs of our customers, continuing to define the emerging decision intelligence market, and maintaining a technology advantage over legacy business intelligence tools.
- We grew our customer base in all geographies and markets, with hundreds of new customers joining us from industries such as financial services, retail, insurance, and manufacturing, proving that our platform is flexible and can be adapted to meet the unique needs of any organization, regardless of industry or size.
- We expanded our worldwide network of partners, from large Global System Integrators (GSIs) to domain experts in all regions. Our partners are critical to our success as they help us extend our reach and better serve customers around the globe. We believe that strong partnerships are essential to providing the best possible customer experience.
- We also enhanced the Pyramid customer experience by hiring key customer success experts to deliver unmatched service and support, developing comprehensive learning and professional certification programs, and building networking and community groups to expand the Pyramid user base, already more than a million strong.
- And we continued our path to becoming the greatest employer brand in the analytics space, hiring and retaining the best talent, including software engineering, product management, sales, and marketing professionals.
Pyramid’s impact is growing
Who’s benefiting from our vision and growth? Our customers—and decision-makers everywhere.
We are providing them with more than just another data visualization tool. We’re providing them with a comprehensive platform that helps them solve real business problems using all their data.
We’re helping them accelerate analytics usage and adoption by leveraging cutting-edge AI technologies and augmented analytics to support decision-making. By empowering all users, not just analysts and data scientists, we’re unlocking analytics for everyone.
We’re providing them with significant flexibility and value. By providing them with a complete Decision Intelligence Platform, not just another tool, we’re simplifying their data and analytics stacks, and reducing the total cost of ownership.
And with millions of end-users across various industries—from the C-suite to business professionals on the front lines—we’re helping organizations finally achieve their analytics goals and prepare them for what’s next.
Our platform empowers users to leverage data to drive business outcomes and solve critical problems. We are proud to have so many users solving real-world business problems with our analytics platform and are thrilled to see those numbers growing daily. Will you join us?
We’re just getting started
Our vision is clear: decision intelligence will prepare organizations for “what’s next.” Our position in the market is strong: Pyramid is a compelling choice for enterprises looking to future-proof their data and analytics strategies.
And our Visionary position on the Magic Quadrant is no accident. It’s the result of countless hours by hard-working people—across the entire Pyramid team—and an unwavering commitment to fulfilling a collective vision to build a category- and market-leading Decision Intelligence Platform.
On that note—to our amazing customers and partners—we are grateful for your continued business and trust. Together, we are proud to help you prepare for what’s next.
The best is yet to come.
Notes and Disclaimers
* Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms, Kurt Schlegel, Julian Sun, David Pidsley, Anirudh Ganeshan, Fay Fei, Aura Popa, Radu Miclaus, Edgar Macari, Kevin Quinn, Christopher Long, 5 April 2023
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner and Magic Quadrant is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.